HR & Employment
Our HR & Employment Law Practice caters to clients across industries and sectors. We address mandates with sensitivity, taking into account nuances specific to client requirements and any issues specific to the business or industry.
The Firm’s mandates range from negotiating employment contracts for senior-level and strategic resources as well as settlements with trade unions; strategising and assisting in implementing corporate and HR reorganisation and rationalisation; structuring incentive plans; drafting and reviewing HR manuals, and assisting clients with implementing HR policies including POSH, Equal Opportunities and Whistle Blower compliance and investigations into complaints; data privacy; regulatory compliance, and employment disputes.
Adhering to our practice model, our lawyers advise holistically and integrate with other practices across the Firm as required to address mandates.
Lawyers at our HR & Employment Law Practice work closely with our transaction Practice Groups and with the Governance, Ethics, and Anti-Corruption Practice. This holistic and coordinated approach is particularly important in the context of M&A and strategic investment transactions and where clients are caught up in employee fraud or breach of data privacy issues by employees.
We are recognised for our experience in executing sensitive mandates efficiently while maintaining the human touch necessary to address issues affecting livelihoods and working conditions that are inherent to any employment law mandate.
- Representing Dai-ichi Karkaria Limited before the labour tribunals and Bombay High Court with respect to disputes against Hind Karmgar Sanghatana.
- Representing Firstsource Solutions Limited before the labour tribunals and Bombay High Court with respect to disputes arising from claims of wrongful termination made by its former employees.
- Representing lnsilico Limited before the Bombay High Court with respect to a dispute arising from claims of wrongful termination made by an employee of a business acquired by Insilico.
- Representing Alchem International Private Limited before the district court and the Punjab & Haryana High Court with respect to a dispute arising out of breach of a confidentiality agreement by an employee.
- Representing two central administrative officers before the Delhi High Court with respect to a dispute regarding their seniority in the Indian Forest Services.
- Representing the key managerial personnel of a company before a district court with respect to criminal proceedings initiated pursuant to death of a contractual employee on site.
- Representing the key managerial personnel of a company before a district court with respect to an appeal filed by the complainant against the order of the company’s Internal Complaints Committee dismissing their complaint of sexual harassment.
- Advising ISS Facility Services India Private Limited with respect to matters of employment law, including issues of payment obligations arising due to various government directions issued to mitigate the spread of COVID19- and employment contracts.
- Advising Speedcast Communications (India) Private Limited with respect to employment of senior managerial personnel for India operations and reviewing their global standard template employment contract from an Indian law perspective.
- Advising Burberry India with respect to terms and conditions of their employment contracts in India.
- Advising Telenor India Private Limited with respect to various aspects of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 and its implementation.