Vandana commands a strong reputation from market commentators and clients alike. Clients state that, “she foresees business and legal issues, and is very proactive in addressing potential concerns”.
Vandana leads the Firm’s Private Equity Practice and advises on complex private equity investments, which include structuring and negotiating the investments and exits across sectors for leading fund houses and financial institutions. She also has extensive experience advising on investments, both in equity and structured products in the real estate sector in India.
Her mergers and acquisitions experience includes structuring and advising on joint ventures, foreign investment by non-resident investors, overseas investment by Indian companies, court-based restructuring, business and asset transfers, takeovers, and preferential allotments by listed companies.
Vandana has garnered some of the most marquee names in her practice area as her clients, like Apollo Global, Ivanhoé Cambridge, General Atlantic, and Macquarie Infrastructure & Real Assets, to name a few.
- Advising Macquarie Infrastructure & Real Assets on its successful bid for 9 roads under the 1st Toll Operate Transfer (TOT) model granted by the National Highway Authority of India.
- Advising General Atlantic on its investment and partial exit from Indiaideas.com Limited (that operates the payment gateway BillDesk).
- Advising Apollo Global on multiple investments and exits in real estate and hospitality companies in India.
- Advising Global Innovation Fund on its investment in EM3 Agri Services Private Limited (which provides pay-per-use farm equipment).
- Advising Ivanhoé Cambridge on multiple investments in India.
- Advising General Atlantic on its investment into IIFL Wealth Management Limited (a diversified financial service provider) and reverse listing of the shares of IIFL Wealth Management Limited through a demerger.
- Advising Developing World Markets on sale of their investments in India.
- Advising Omidyar Networks on its investment in Quikr (an online marketplace).
- Advising Reliance Venture Capital Fund on its investment in Billionloans Financial Services Private Limited (a company engaged in the business of marketplace lending).
- Advising affiliates of Bain Capital Partners on their investment in Genpact Limited (an Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) company).
- Advising Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) on their participation as a limited partner in Tara India Fund IV (managed by IL&FS Investment Managers Limited).
- Advising Tata Opportunities Fund on its investment in Tata Sky (a DTH provider).