Vivek has over a decade’s experience advising clients on mandates in the Banking & Finance practice area. He regularly advises clients on domestic and cross border financing transactions, ranging from general corporate lending to project finance, acquisition finance, structured finance, and debt capital market transactions for issuance of non-convertible debentures and debt securities. Vivek also advises his clients on a wide range of insolvency and debt restructuring mandates across the full spectrum of insolvency proceedings, including on the conduct of corporate insolvency resolution processes and preparation of resolution plans.
His clients include Indian and international banks and financial institutions, non-banking financial companies, funds, institutional investors, leading corporates across sectors, power generators, real estate developers, resolution professionals, and asset restructuring companies.
- Advised the Singapore branches of leading international banks with respect to external commercial borrowings availed by an Indian non-banking financial company for onward lending.
- Advised a British bank in connection with the issuance of debt securities by an Indian consumer wellness company for its acquisition of the Indian arm of an international food and nutrition company.
- Advised an international bank based in the United Arab Emirates in connection with a secured Murabaha (cost-plus financing) facility set up to purchase Sharia compliant commodities.
- Advised a Malaysian statutory body and a Malaysian infrastructure service provider on their investment in bonds proposed to be issued for the development of a city project.
- Advised a non-banking financial company in connection with secured rupee term loan facilities issued for a proposed slum redevelopment project.
- Advised a consortium of banks with respect to secured term loan facilities made available to a hospitality services company for the development of several projects, including a five-star hotel, high street retail services, and an office tower in Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Advised several banks and non-banking financial companies in connection with the issuance of debt instruments by a leading infrastructure investment trust to acquire various companies.
- Advised an Indian national bank in connection with secured loan facilities made available to an Indian FMCG company towards the acquisition of a food retail business.
- Advised a non-banking financial company based in Gurgaon, Haryana, with respect to an investment by its erstwhile shareholders in non-convertible debentures to refinance its debt and develop various commercial and residential projects in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Advised an Indian bank in connection with the secured term loan facilities made available to two power generation companies for financing their respective cash-flow mismatch.