Mergers & Acquisitions
Our Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group is recognised for its innovative handling of high value and complex transactions. The Firm has consistently been engaged on some of the largest mergers & acquisitions deals in India including transactions across jurisdictions.
We advise on all stages of a transaction, commencing with structuring and continuing with post-completion deliverables. We have advised clients on buy and sell side mandates on domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions including bespoke transactions and bid processes. We have acted on mandates that span several jurisdictions, our experience covers the full range of mergers & acquisitions across share purchases, joint ventures, dispositions, court and tribunal approved schemes of arrangement, capital reductions, buy-backs, minority squeeze-outs, spin-offs, open offers, and delisting offers.
We advise clients seeking to invest in India as well as Indian clients who are looking at mergers and acquisitions targets outside India. Our clients include listed and unlisted corporates in diverse industries, and our sector experience covers the breadth of the economy and includes banks & financial services, technology, media, telecom, energy, manufacturing, and real estate.
The Firm has been consistently ranked among the top law firms in mergers & acquisitions representations in published professional guides. Our opinion is frequently sought by professional publications.
- Advising Idea Cellular Limited with respect to the sale of its stake in Indus Towers Limited to Bharti Infratel Limited, and the merger of Indus Towers Limited with and into Bharti Infratel.
- Advising Mahindra & Mahindra Limited with respect to the demerger of Mahindra’s two-wheeler business into Mahindra & Mahindra Limited.
- Advising Idea Cellular Limited with respect to the merger of the Indian telecom entities of Vodafone Group plc with Idea Cellular Limited.
- Advising IDBI Capital with respect to the merger of IDBI Home Finance Limited with IDBI Bank Limited.
- Advising DCB Bank Limited with respect to its acquisition of the India business of Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank PJSC consisting of loans, cash credits, bank guarantees, and liabilities such as fixed deposits, current and savings accounts.
- Advising RayBan Sun Optics India Limited, a member of the Luxottica Group Spa, with respect to the reduction of its capital through the cancellation of all shares held by public shareholders.
- Advising UltraTech Cement Limited with respect to its acquisition of the cement business of Century Textiles and Industries Limited.
- Advising HSBC plc with respect to the acquisition of the retail and commercial banking business of the Royal Bank of Scotland in India.
- Advising SMILE Microfinance, a MFI-NBFC with respect to the slump sale of its micro-finance business to Northern Arc Capital Limited.
- Advising General Motors Technical Centre India Private Limited with respect to the transfer of certain assets and over 1,300 employees from General Motors’s Bengaluru technical centre to Tata Consulting Service Limited.
- Advising promoters of Nidhi Granites Limited, a public listed company with respect to sale of a controlling stake and associated open offer.
- Advising Centrum Capital Limited and EbixCash World Money Limited with respect to open offer made to the shareholders of Weizmann Forex Limited in compliance with the SEBI (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations, 2011.
- Advising BAE Systems plc with respect to the establishment of a defence joint venture with Mahindra & Mahindra Limited.