A successful investment strategy necessitates the ability to spot a good opportunity, an understanding of the market and regulatory challenges, outstanding industry and sector knowledge, and experience in closing domestic and cross-border transactions.
Our Investment Funds Practice offers all these coupled with superior transaction management assistance to give our clients exceptional support through the life cycle of a deal.
We have established a formidable reputation in the market for working on large and complex transactions within very tight timelines. Our services cover the entirety of an investment cycle, from fund formation, downstream investment, follow-on transactions, restructuring of holdings to exit from the investment.
Our lawyers structure transactions across publicly traded and private companies, consortium deals, management buy-outs, pre-IPO placements, and private investment in public equity (PIPE) deals covering financial services, technology, hospitality, media, research & development, telecom, energy, roads, pharmaceutical, and real estate sectors.
We act for a variety of financial investors, including private equity and venture capital funds, portfolio investors, angel investors, family offices and foundations. We also act for target companies and founders on the full range of transactions.
The Firm has been consistently ranked among the top law firms in private equity and investment funds representations in published professional guides. Our opinion is frequently sought by professional publications.
- Advising General Atlantic with respect to multiple investments and exits, including Billdesk (payments solutions), IIFL Wealth Limited (asset management), Absolute Barbeque Private Limited (speciality restaurants), Capital Foods India Private Limited (packaged food manufacturer), Nobroker Technologies Solutions Private Limited (real estate tech start-up), Rubicon Research Private Limited (pharmaceutical), Sorting Hat Technologies Private Limited i.e. Unacademy (edu-tech start-up), and the National Stock Exchange.
- Advising Macquarie Infrastructure & Real Assets with respect to multiple investments, including its successful bid for the first Toll Operate Transfer Bundle of 9 road projects.
- Advising Ivanhoe Cambridge with respect to its investments in India including investments vide the Logos group in the logistics parks in Luhari, Haryana and Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Advising GE Energy Financial Services with respect to the investments in green energy projects.
- Advising India Property Fund and India Property Fund II advised by Apollo Global with respect to multiple investments and exits in the real estate and hospitality sectors.
Promoter & Target Mandates
- Advising Vedantu Innovations Private Limited with respect to the investment by ABC World, Tiger Global, Accel, Omidyar, TAL Education Group, Westbridge, Prince Maximilian and GGV Capital.
- Advising JM Baxi Group (International Containers & Terminals) with respect to the investment and exit by IDFC Private Equity.
- Advising Rupeek Fintech with respect to the investment from Lightbox and existing shareholders such as Bertlesmann, GGV, Highline, Accel and Sequoia Capital.
- Advising 63Ideas Infolabs Private Limited i.e. Ninjacart.in with respect to the investments by Accel (India), Syngenta Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, NRJN Family Trust, Mistletoe Japan, and others.
- Advising in the capacity of India counsel with respect to the offshore fund being raised by VisVires Indian Wineries 2 Master Fund Pte. Limited.
- Advising Motilal Oswal with respect to compliances under the SEBI (Alternative Investment Funds) Regulations, 2012.
- Advising MentorCap Management Private Limited with respect to effecting the sale and purchase of artworks and setting up a joint venture for purchasing and marketing artworks.