Our Dispute Resolution Practice group is exceptionally strong and is reputed for its superior client service, strategic insights, and a formidable presence in proceedings. We are nimble in our advocacy, innovative in our approach, and uncompromising in achieving the solution which best suits our clients.
We advise and represent on all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including contracts, competition and trade practices issues, information technology and communications, media, employment, administrative law, directors’ duties, shareholder claims, class actions, taxation, and other disputes. Accountability, integrity, and transparency are principles that guide us in our dealings within the Firm, our clients, and with dispute resolution bodies.
With over five decades of litigation experience across its Partners, the Firm is considered among the best in the country. Each Partner has a proven track record of handling complex commercial transactions or disputes and each member of the larger team has significant experience in providing powerful representation before courts and tribunals across the country.
Our ability to understand and respond to charges levied in the context of commercial transactions is unparalleled and we successfully leverage transaction and sector-specific skill set across the Firm to defend our clients. We are one of the only law firms that actively engages with mandates relating to economic offences as well as offences against the person and property with minimal reliance on outside counsels. The Partners, senior associates, and associates are well recognised before the courts of law and put the best case forward.
Our engagement with clients often commences while the investigation is progressing and prior to a charge sheet being filed. We help clients provide complete information to investigators and preclude a charge being framed. Should prosecution nonetheless progress, our clients’ defence progresses on a robust foundation.
With offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, and Bengaluru, the Firm has represented clients in over 30 different courts, including the Supreme Court of India and High Courts across the country, as also various specialist tribunals such as the Competition Commission of India, National Company Law Tribunal and Appellate Tribunal, Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal, the National Green Tribunal, the Intellectual Property Appellate Board, the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, and the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission. The Firm also has vast experience in handling domestic and international arbitrations.
We have represented businesses in sectors like banking and finance, hotels, telecommunications, real estate, FMCG, power, and oil and gas to name a few. We have provided representation to our clients in disputes relating to, among others, the management and control of companies, employment matters, white-collar crimes, crimes against person and property, arbitration claims, contractual claims, including claims for specific performance, and insurance disputes.
- Representing Prysmian Cavi e Sistemi s.r.l. before various fora including the Supreme Court, with respect to the management and control of its joint venture company and successfully enforcing an international award which once and for all settled the law as regards public policy grounds for enforcing an international award.
- Representing Gautam Thapar, Avantha Holdings Limited, and other promoter entities before various fora including Securities and Exchange Board of India, Securities Appellate Tribunal, and National Company Law Tribunal with respect to claims made by CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited.
- Representing the Godrej Group before various fora with respect to diverse disputes relating to realty development, consumer matters, EPF claims, employee disputes, and white-collar crimes.
- Representing Kalpataru Power Transmission Limited before an arbitral tribunal with respect to construction disputes for refinery and electricity transmission lines.
- Representing JSW Limited against PSL Limited before the Bombay High Court with respect to claims in excess of INR 4,000 million.
- Representing Trafigura Global Services Private Limited before an arbitral tribunal with respect to construction disputes.
- Representing Vodafone Idea Limited before the Supreme Court of India with respect to diverse proceedings, including the 2014 and 2015 spectrum auctions, license conditions, and regulatory challenges including against the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.