Swathi is a transactions lawyer with core competence in mergers and acquisitions and venture capital investments. She advises clients across sectors including telecom, cosmetics, ed-tech, and financial services.
Swathi is recognised for her ability to guide start-ups from the initial rounds of funding until late-stage investments and exits.
She also renders general corporate advisory and employment law advisory services to clients, and she has represented a leading telecom company in an antitrust dispute against the competition commission of India before the High Court and Supreme Court of India.
Swathi started her career with Bharucha & Partners and has been with the Firm for nearly a decade. She now leads the Firm’s practice in Bangalore.
- Advising Vedantu Innovations Private Limited on its Series C and Series D investments from Tiger, Accel, Omidyar, TAL Education Group, Westbridge, Legend Capital, GGV, KG Global, Coatue Asia and others.
- Advising Vedantu Innovations Private Limited on its acquisitions of WeColab Edusystem Private Limited, owner of Pedagogy, and Adinio Services Private Limited, owner of Instasolv.
- Advising Vodafone Idea Limited on the sale of its stake in Indus Towers Limited to Bharti Infratel Limited and sale of its standalone tower subsidiary to ATC.
- Advising Girnarsoft Education Services Private Limited, owner of Collegedekho.com on the acquisition of Unipro Education Private Limited and Scholarship Facilitation Services Private Limited.
- Advising Grasim Industries Limited on entering into an agreement with Lubrizol Advanced Materials for manufacture of chlorinated polyvinyl chloride resin.
- Advising Shopsense Retail Technologies Private Limited (Fynd) on the investment from Google International and on the acquisition by Reliance Industries.
- Advising Girnar Software Private Limited (Cardekho), and its promoters on the Series A, Series B, Series C and Series D investments by Sequoia Capital, Hillhouse Capital, RNT Associates, HDFC Bank Limited, Times Internet Limited, Google Capital, Dentsu Inc., Axis Bank, Ping An Global Voyager Fund, ICICI Bank and others and on raising venture debt by Trifecta.
- Advising ISS SDB Security Services Private Limited on employment laws as well as on the sale of its cash and valuable services business to SIS Prosegur Holdings Private Limited.