Sneha is a multi-faceted litigator and has been engaged in a number of cases before various fora, including before different High Courts and the Supreme Court of India.
She specialises in commercial disputes, but her practice extends to environmental liabilities, insurance claims, and employment law. Sneha has also handled significant regulatory cases particularly in the telecommunications sector and in the securities market before the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and the Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT).
She has also been engaged in numerous complex arbitrations ranging from constructions of refineries to laying of gas and oil pipelines.
- Representing Sony Pictures Networks India Private Limited before Bombay High Court in defending its claims against the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
- Representing Idea Cellular Limited (now, Vodafone Idea Limited) before various fora in regulatory proceedings concerning Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s Interconnection Usage Charge Regulations and various penalty proceedings regarding spectrum usage charges and license conditions.
- Representing ITC Limited before various fora (including Securities and Exchange Board of India and Securities Appellate Tribunal) concerning restructuring of Hotel Leelaventure Limited to protect the interests of minority shareholders.
- Representing Besso Limited before Bombay High Court in resisting reinsurance claims by Reliance General Insurance Company Limited concerning personal accident death insurance policies of State Bank of India.
- Representing and advising Diageo plc and its associate companies: (i) before Directorate of Enforcement in proceedings initiated under Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the Fugitive Economic Offenders Act, 2018 against Vijay Mallya; (ii) before Securities and Exchange Board of India and Securities Appellate Tribunal with respect to show-cause-notices issued concerning acquisition of shares of United Spirits Limited by its subsidiary; and (iii) in disputes in the United Kingdom (UK) with Vijay Mallya.
- Representing and advising Gautam Thapar, Avantha Holdings Limited and other promoter entities of CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited (CG Power) in regulatory proceedings and in Central Bureau of Investigation inquiries regarding claims by CG Power.
- Representing Edelweiss Comtrade Limited in resisting the show-cause-notices issued by Securities and Exchange Board of India concerning the National Spot Exchange Limited payment default matter.