Shreya is a multi-disciplinary dispute resolution practitioner. She has advised and represented leading transnational and Indian corporates on a host of corporate litigation matters and ad-hoc and international commercial arbitrations, including those governed by the rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
Her sectoral expertise and prior experience extend to infrastructure, manufacturing, oil & natural gas, rolling stock industry, engineering equipment, and hydropower projects.
Shreya specialises in commercial disputes and represents clients before various courts and tribunals including, quasi-judicial authorities and commissions, including the Supreme Court of India, High Court of Delhi, and specialised tribunals such as Telecom Dispute Settlement & Appellate Tribunal, National Company Law Tribunal, and National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission.
Shreya has extensively worked on high-value, complex shareholder disputes, contractual claims, corporate insolvency resolution proceedings as well as disputes pertaining to the telecom and real estate sectors.
- Represented world’s leading steel and mining company in simultaneous litigation (in suit proceedings pending before the Calcutta High Court) an ICC arbitration, in disputes arising out of shareholder agreements.
- Advised and represented leading rolling stock and railroad equipment manufacturing company, in mediation and ICC arbitration arising out of procurement, supply, manufacturing, and maintenance agreements.
- Acted as solicitor and counsel for multiple Maharatna and Navratna public sector undertakings, in ICC arbitrations in London, arising out of disputes related to turnkey contracts for construction of power plant in Iraq and exploration plants in Libya.
- Advised and represented a Navratna public sector undertaking before the Delhi High Court in proceedings challenging an arbitral award arising out of ad hoc arbitration in their dispute with the Ministry of Energy & Mining, Government of Sudan arising out of a pipeline contract agreement, for financing and construction of multi-product pipeline system.
- Represented a special purpose vehicle formed between Indian public sector undertakings and the Government of Mozambique in ICC arbitral proceedings, with Mozambican law as the governing law of arbitration.
- Represented resolution professionals in high-stake matters before the Supreme Court, pertaining to one time spectrum charges / Adjusted Gross Revenue imposed by Department of Telecommunications.
- Represented leading car manufacturers in proceedings before the Supreme Court challenging the administrative order passed by the Director General, Competition Commission of India in its suo moto investigation along with the constitutional challenge to the vires of the Competition Act, 2002.
- Advised and represented global FMCG companies in Special Leave Petitions before the Supreme Court, writ petitions before the Bombay High Court and Calcutta High Court, as well as class actions before National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission.
- Represented transnational corporations and Indian companies in matters pertaining to oppression / mismanagement & shareholder / directorial disputes including Joint Venture Agreements before the National Company Law Tribunal as well as the Appellate Tribunal.